Thursday, May 31, 2007

A Savior for the Knicks?

Kobe Bryant wants to be traded, or maybe he doesn't, even he is not sure. But the mere words "I would like to be traded," coming from his mouth constitute the most hopeful thing to happen to Knicks fans in about five years.

So here's my proposal that I think would help the Knicks, but I also think the Lakers would agree to it:

Marbury, Curry, David Lee and a 1st round draft pick or two

for

Kobe Bryant and Kwame Brown

I think the Lakers would like to dump Brown but his contract expires after this year so maybe they'd like to keep him.

That would leave the Knicks with a huge hole in the middle, but they'd have the best player in the NBA and that would at least sell tickets.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't make that trade. The Knicks would be no better than the Lakers are now, and they wouldn't have draft picks or the ability to sign a free agent. Bryant would then opt out in 2 years. How would any of this help the Knicks?