Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Idol Chatter

The season is basically over. No more singing. We have one more way overdone two hour episode to look forward to, then nothing until next January.

I really enjoyed Blake's version of "You Give Love A Bad Name." I thought it was even better this time. Like he took it back to the lab and worked on it and made it better than the last time. This was definitely the best performance of the night, maybe of the whole season.

bad name b-b-b-b-b scratch bad name

It was cool that Jordin tried to sing "Fighter." I think the biggest complaint about her was that she always seemed too old. At least she gave it a shot to try to act younger, but I really don't think you can sing this song if you're not wearing assless chaps. And her mannerisms were sort of weird, at one point she was clawing at her hair. Strange.

thanks for making me fighter

I think the problem with Blake was shown when he sang Maroon 5's "She Will Be Loved." He just isn't that great of a singer. When he sings without beat boxing, or dancing, or changing the song, he's very ordinary. Plus I didn't like his song choice. If he was going to go with a gay song by an effeminate sounding artist he should have sang "You're Beautiful." He would have gotten every female vote.

Jordin's performance of "Broken Wing" was boring.

Then that last song, the American Idol original composition. Also boring. That song is always sort of hokey and inspirational. But Jordin definitely did sing it better than Blake. But I don't think that song is going to get stuck in my head like the first Idol song.

"A Moment like this
Some people wait a lifetime."

Glad to see that Paula was not deterred by her broken nose. Strange that she sort of refused comment. She looked totally drugged up. Even more than usual. Seacrest's "so this bitch is fine" remark was very funny. But I can only imagine millions of parents laughing hysterically trying not to have to explain it to their kids.

What the fuck was up with Randy's jacket? He looked like a drum major in a marching band.

My DVR cut off before Daughtry, but I did see Paula saying "Chris, I love you" while Seacrest was asking them for predictions.

I think they overstate the importance of this show has it relates to the impact on voting. It's not like a presidential election, there are no undecided votes. At this point you like Jordin or Blake, and you vote or you don't vote. Maybe the hardcore Melinda fans will the swing voters. Not sure about that.

But I stand by the prediction I've been making for weeks. On April 11, I predicted Jordin and Blake in the final but said Blake would win. The following week, I started to change my mind and by April 25, I said Jordin would win and Blake would be the runner-up. I still feel that way.

No comments: