Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Idol Chatter

Jordin won, but I knew that all along, so that was sort of anti-climactic, especially because I missed the annoucement (more on that later).

Usually the finale is the worst episode of the season because they drag it out so much and fill it with crap. Remember when Matt Rogers and Lotoya London were at parties, and wasted off their asses?

This time they actually had some quality entertainment that I enjoyed.

The Idol awards are pretty lame but I think a lot of people don't watch the whole season and therefore miss some cool stuff. That lady in the canary yellow getup was disgusting.

I love that little kid that Simon called a bushbaby. That was 100% accurate, he looked just like it. And it was funny of Idol to sponsor one in his name. Also smart of him to say to Simon "if you hadn't said it, I wouldn't be here."

Better than whining like a baby about it.

Blake and Doug E. Fresh beat-boxing together was really cool.

Sanjaya still sucks. His version was even worse this time. It was nice that American Idol hired that actress again to play the crying girl.

Speaking of people who suck. The worst Idol ever, by far, is Taylor Hicks. That song he sang was new? It sounded like a 1970s Doobie Brothers joint.

So Carrie Underwood looked awesome when sang "I'll Stand By You." But why the hell was she wearing a cape? The stylist must have told her it looked good. And she said "people from Oklahoma don't wear capes." To which the lobbyist replied "you ain't in Checotah anymore."

The Bette Midler performance came completely out of nowhere. A washed up artist singing a 15 year old song that nobody sang on the show? I guarantee TON and Special K sobbed through the whole thing.

I enjoyed Ruben and Jordin singing "You're All I Need To Get By." But I think I would enjoy Hillary Clinton and Michael Moore singing a little Marvin and Tammy.

But the best part of the whole show was Gladys Knight with the 6 female finalist playing the role of "The Pimps." I love "Midnight Train to Georgia," it's one of my top 5 songs of all-time. I loved Gladys at the end "I GOT TO GO! I GOT TO GO!" She can still do it after all these years. I hope LaKisha records a version of the song on her album.

They got lots of celebs, including practically every Idol contestant ever. I saw Hasselhoff (who didn't cry this year), David Allan Grier, Jerry Springer, Jeff Foxworthy and Jim Nantz. Ok, I didn't see Nantz but I heard him on the radio talking about going, which sort of proves my point about him.

I sort of felt bad scanning through the song by the African kids.

Kelly Clarkson is pissed off. She was a little scary. And why was she hopping during her song with the Aerosmith guy?

But she wasn't as pissed off as Mrs. Poop. We were watching on about a 10 minute delay on DVR and because it ran over by about 10 minutes we missed the announcement. If I hadn't kept pausing it to make fun of people, or flipping over to watch the Mets with the bases loaded, we would have caught up to live TV. We didn't miss much, though we did have to find out the winner from the blogs.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Furious...I was immediately disgusted by Bette Midler's performance...luckily Special K wasn't home yet to see that debacle. 40% of the show's audience was probably like "who the hell is Beth Mideller...never heard of her". That was just a weak choice.

Also, dont feel bad, I also scanned thru the african kids.

Brian said...

the DVR debacle was shameful

Anonymous said...

PAUL CHECK OUT MT RECENT BLOG POSTING...ARE YOU APPALLED AS I WAS RE MY SUBJECT MATTER?

focks said...

jordin sparks was born in staten island...our newest claim to fame!

Paul said...

Once again Wikipedia is propogating false info. Jordin's mother told the Staten Island Advance that she was not born on Staten Island.