Wednesday, July 11, 2007

2007 World Series of Poker Spoilers

The 2007 World Series of Poker Main Event is well underway. Day 1 was split into four parts, and Day 2 into 2 parts. By Day 3 (Thursday) there will be about 700 players left.
6,358 players started, fewer than the 8,773 last year. This is because of restrictions on online gambling which reduced seats given away in satellites by the poker sites.
I've been addicted to following the developments on pokernews, which are awesome because they are going on while I am at work.
I think I'm going to stop reading them once we get down in the field because knowing everything will be too much and it will ruin the ESPN shows.

Here's what I know so far (skip if you don't want to know):
Jamie Gold was eliminated. He's a terrible player and will never make it past the first day again.

Phil Hellmuth also got knocked out, a day after he crashed a racecar in the Rio parking lot.

The most overrated player ever, Phil Ivey is out.

Scotty Nguyen moved on to Day 3. So did Tobey Maguire, the best celebrity player. A lot of lesser known pros also moved onto day 3.

A ton of good people busted out on Day 2A, Barry Greenstein, Brad Garrett, Montel Williams (yes, that Montel, he had 150,000 on Day 1), Joe Hachem, Paul Wasicka, Dan Harrington and Jane Gold (yes, Jamie's mother).

Daniel Negreanu (my favorite player had a decent Day 1 and plays in Day 2B).

Also eliminated is the hottest female player, Evelyn Ng (who once dated Daniel, maybe that's why I like him so much).

Evelyn Ng

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I had the game show network I enjoyed watching the high stakes poker game better then the WSOP

Anonymous said...

i love evelyn ng