Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Song of the Week

"Hand on the Pump" - Cypress Hill
A classic old school rap by one of the best groups of the early-90s. They sold out a little bit after they had huge mainstream success with "Insane in the Membrane" and never again reached the heights they achieved with this and with "How I Could Just Kill a Man."
Hand on the Pump is also the inspiration for one of my favorite songs, "Da Rockwilder," the live performance of which I once described as "the best 2 minutes and 20 seconds of my life."
La la la la la la la la

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Poop....how come you're not coming with me to "Rock the Bells" at Randall's Island with me....Rage Against The Machine, Wu-Tang Clan, Cypress Hill, Erykah Badu,Rakim, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Doom, Pharoahe Monch, Immortal Technique, Boot Camp Clik, Jedi Mind Tricks, FELT, Living Legends, Brother Ali, Cage, Mr. Lif, Grouch & Eligh, Hangar 18, Blueprint and Lucky I AM plus guests Public Enemy. DJs incl. C-Minus, and Rocky Rock. The festival will be hosted by Supernatural, Rahzel and Hi-Tek

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard Boot Camp Clik in a decade. I'm with you Paul, Da Rockwidler is of the chain and unfortunately too short.