Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Game of Skill

Pro Poker player Michael Gracz was cited with a misdemeanor gambling charge for playing at an unlicensed card room in North Carolina.
He said police resources would have been better spent going after sexual predators.
While I essentially agree with that point, gambling is illegal in North Carolina and it is up to the police to enforce the law.
He also pointed out that poker is a game of skill, which of course it is, and therefore shouldn't be illegal at all.

Gracz has a pretty decent poker resume. He won a World Series bracelet in 2005 and a WPT poker title (and $1.5 million) in the third season.

3 comments:

Scott said...

I do believe one Jigga Jems had a showdown with Gracz on Paaaaaaaarty Poker recently.

Anonymous said...

I did! We were down to the last 90 or so in a 1,000 person tourny and we sat at the same table for a good 45 minutes. I never butted heads with him, but I was still in my chair to witness him getting knocked out.

Anonymous said...

It was actually Full Tilt. My new hobby is Omaha Hi, and just recently placed 2nd in a 65 person tourny.