Sunday, September 09, 2007

Weekly Picks

BUFFALO +3 denver
For some reason I'm in love with the Bills this year. Marshawn Lynch and Lee Evans give them enough offensive firepower. And although J.P. Losman is shaky I don't expect Jay Cutler to be great yet. By the way, Chris "Mad Dog" Russo calls him J.P. Lonesome. There are four home underdogs this week and I expect at least one of them to win and since Cleveland, Green Bay and the Jets don't stand out for me, I like the Bills.

MINNESOTA -3 atlanta
I think the Falcons are going to be the worst team in the league this year and it starts with week one. While I am not in love with Tavaris Jackson I don't think the coaching staff is either. That means he won't get the chance to kill the team by making mistakes. I think Adrian Peterson will have a great rookie season starting with 125 yards and 2 TDs in this game. The one variable I am not counting on is the reaction of the Falcons without Michael Vick. They could be bound together emotionally and come out fighting, or more likely, Vick is such a bad passer that anyone, even Joey Harrington qualifies as an improvement. Time will tell, but bad teams on the road, field goal or less, I'll take the favorite.

SAN DIEGO -6 chicago
I just happen to think the Chargers are really awesome this year. I think they could be one of those really special teams that just dominates everyone all season and wins the Super Bowl easily. I know the Bears are good, especially on defense but Rex Grossman on the road against a pretty good defense in a game where a lot of points will be needed, well, I just don't trust Rex. The Bears will need to force a lot of turnovers and take an early lead or the Chargers will kill them, which is what I am predicting.

tampa bay +6 SEATTLE
Not sure why I like this game, I just think Jeff Garcia is good enough to keep his team in the game and I think Cadillac Williams is healthy and even if they only get 2 TDs they should lose by a score of 21-17 or something comparable. But my confidence percentage on this game is very low, probably about 60%.

BEST BET
detroit +2 1/2 OAKLAND

I really think the Lions will have an explosive offense this season. And seeing as how the Raiders are starting Josh McCown I don't expect them to score more than 14 points. So if the Lions can score 12, they should cover this spread. Tatum Bell and Calvin Johnson should be good for one TD each and Roy Williams will get 100 yards to set up their TDs.

No comments: