Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Mandy Moore Is Not My Mother

The best show on TV came back in fine fashion. This episode was legen-- WAIT FOR IT!.

If you have this episode of "How I Met Your Mother" on DVR and haven't watched it yet, fake an illness, go home immediately and watch it. But do not scroll down past this picture of Mandy Moore because there are some episode spoilers below.

If you are still not watching this show despite my repeated recommendations, you are an idiot and I cannot help you. You are free to continue reading if you can sound out the words.

But if you want to see what all the fuss is about thank the good lord for creating the internet because you can watch a quick video that will catch you up on what you missed in the first two seasons then you can go to cbs.com, click on full episodes, How I Met Your Mother, and watch the season premiere, then continue reading.

Mandy Moore is so hot

The episode finished where last season left off, with Barney finishing his catchphrase (keep waiting for it, it's coming).

Then it went into the story of Robin and Ted's breakup.

Barney's efforts to interest Ted in new women (Cirque De So-Laid), hilarious

The facial hair shaving scene and the nicknames given to Ted (21st President Chester A. Arthur, Persian Nightclub Owner), hysterical.

The mispronunciations of Enrique Iglesias's name (Gail? Kyle? Bill?), mildly amusing.

But by far the funniest line of the show occurred once Ted started making out with smoking hot bad girl, Mandy Moore.
When they snuck into the hot tub and Ted said "I like your tats," and her reply was "Thanks. You can play with them if you want, they're 100% real," I almost died of laughter. Soooooooooooo awesome. That line showed everything that's great about the show. Witty, clever, sharp, edgy writing.

Then Ted got a tramp stamp leading to a very funny reveal scene. "He's gonna say it."

Even the sappy scene with Ted bitching to Robin was saved by "you're bigger." "I win!"

We finally saw my mother in this episode, but didn't meet her. Well, we really only saw her feet and her yellow umbrella, but I hope we meet her soon. I'm tired of wondering if all the wrong girls (Robin, Mary the Paralegal, Mandy Moore) are really my mother.

And of course the episode ended with the Slap Countdown.

And in my head there is a countdown from when the last episode ended starting at 167 hours and 30 minutes, counting down until a new episode begins. I love this show so much I might consider watching it live, and sitting through the commercials.

i like your tats
thanks
you can play with them if you want
theyre 100% real



DARY!

Check out this deleted scene from the episode.

3 comments:

focks said...

one of the best shows on tv...

Anonymous said...

You failed to mention the Staten Island line! Barney wants Ted to get a "12" since Robyn is a "10" -- and Barney went through the various chick combinations (2 "6"s, 3 "4"s) -- then he said he could go to Staten Island to get 12 "1"s. LOL.

Love that show so much!

http://www.slapcountdown.com is really up!

Have I mentioned that I love this show?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I can't wait for it to get dvr'd...i watch with commercials normally...well worth it.