Sunday, September 23, 2007

Weekly Picks

Last week was an absolute freakin disaster. So many underdogs covered, especially those who were getting big point spreads. The Ravens really let me down because they shouldn't have let the Jets back in the game. This week I go out on a limb with 5 road teams, hoping to get my best bet then hit 50% of the other 4 games.

indianapolis -6 HOUSTON
This spread looks way too low even on the road. The Texans are a surprising 2-0 but they are still not as good as the Colts. Last week the Colts failed to cover against the Titans, I don't expect them to have two letdowns in a row.

minnesota +3 KANSAS CITY
I really like the Vikings this year, and I really hate the Chiefs. I wish I were getting another 1/2 point because I could see this game being a push. But the Vikings have a great run defense and if the Chiefs have to throw, it won't be pretty. The fact that Tarvaris Jackson probably won't play makes this even more attractive to me. Give the ball to Adrian Peterson and get out of the way.

st. louis +3 1/2 TAMPA BAY
I still believe that the Bucs aren't very good and they just took advantage of a bad New Orleans secondary last week. I think the Rams have a great offense and should finally get it together with Jackson running for 125 yards and Bulger having a good game as well. And the fact that they can lose by a field goal and still cover makes me pretty confident here.

carolina -4 ATLANTA
The Panthers are a very up and down team and even though Steve Smith had a great game last week, they lost to the Texans. The Falcons are going to be downright awful this year and I don't think this is the time they're going to get a win.

BEST BET
san diego -4 1/2 GREEN BAY

The Packers may well be better this season than everyone expected. They may very well have one of the best defenses in the league. Brett Favre is still their quarterback and thus prone to the occassional turnover filled performance. The Chargers are mad. They got their asses kicked on national TV and they have way more talent than the Packers. They should bring their A-game to Lambeau where it's too early for weather to have an impact. This game could be an ass whooping.


Last week
: 1-4 (0 points)
Season so far: 5-5 (5 points)
Best bet: 0-1 (1-1)
Home favorites: 0-2 (2-2)
Home underdogs: 0-0 (1-0)
Road favorites: 0-2 (1-2)
Road undergods: 1-0 (1-1)

No comments: