Monday, December 10, 2007

Obscure Jerseys

A site called Straight Cash Homey has put together an impressive array of pictures of people in obscure jerseys.
And I think The Concierge made the site. What are the chances that two people in the tony New York neighborhood of Murray Hill would have a Vin Baker Bucks jersey? Btw, the Conch doesn't really live near Murray Hill anymore, he's 20 blocks downtown, but this could be an old picture.

Anyway, the site is cool because it offers a nice random trip down memory lane. Of all my jerseys, I really don't think I have any that are this obscure, and if I did I wouldn't wear them in public.



Story suggested by: Billy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget my Terry Dehere Clippers Jersey. New in the mix are my Sammy D throwback jersey and Falcons Duckett one.

Anonymous said...

Sherry Da' who?

Anonymous said...

For the record, I am not pictured on the site.

Anonymous said...

Your Ricky Sanders jersey is as obscure

Paul said...

I think I got the "Ricky Sanders" jersey when I was 12 years old before the NFL realized they could monetize jersey sales by including player names. It was a generic number 83 in Redskins colors, didn't even have the word "Redskins" on it. I doubt it was officially licensed. But it did get the ball rolling on a lifelong passion.