Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Song of The Week

"Fallin" - Alicia Keys
Alicia Keys has always been an enigma to me because I love everything about her, except her songs. She has a great voice, a great gimmick, a great look, a great last name (not her real last name, took it from piano keys), a great image but I just don't like her songs.
Most of them are incredibly boring or stupid, especially her latest "No One" which is playing on at least one of the six stations in my car's memory at every point of the day. And now that she combed out her braids and has a blown out hairdo I like her even less. I hate artists that change their image to appeal to a mainstream (white) audience.
But through the sheer power of her voice alone, this song stands the test of time.






Record label link

No comments: