Friday, December 28, 2007

The Poop's Person of the Year Nominations

Welcome to the First Annual Nomination meeting for The Poop's Person of the Year Award.

Who would like to make the first nomination?

Time Magazine: "The editors of Time Magazine nominate Michael Vick. Through our many years in this field we have found that incredibly stupid selections or the selection of a horrible deplorable person is the best way to gain attention."

SCZA Nation: "Since the rules prohibit me from nominating myself, even though I am very worthy, I will have to nominate Keith Hernandez for his varied, nuanced and hysterical performance as Mets broadcaster this year."

The Pride & The Pageantry: I nominate Les Miles and his gigantic onions for making this a great college football season by going for it on every 4th down even when it could have cost his team the game. Also, he made an impassioned pregame speech to the media and his team before the SEC Championship game that he would not be leaving LSU for Michigan. And he actually meant it. If you don't like Les Miles because his name is gramatically incorrect then I would like to nominate these two Arizona State fans."

Sports Illustrated: "The editors of Sports Illustrated would like to nominate Sean Taylor. We have found that the sentimental favorite always works."

Razor: "I would like to nominate Neil Patrick Harris aka NPH aka Barney Stinson aka Doogie. If there is one issue the Poop has covered in detail this year, an issue that supersedes all racial and gender boundaries (I never read the posts about sports or chicks with big boobs), it is the unifying greatness of "How I Met Your Mother." The Poop has been a driving force in expanding the show's audience and the show owes all its success to the stellar acting of NPH."

Random 9-year-old girl: "I would like to like nominate Miley Cyrus. And Hannah Montana. Like, Miley Cyrus is Hannah Montana. Like on her show she plays Miley Cyrus, even though she already is Miley Cyrus and she plays Hannah Montana. And omg what makes it like sooooo funny is that like in her real life she's also Miley Cyrus playing Hannah Montana. And in her concerts, if you can get tickets. Cuz like when she came to my town nobody could get tickets but my friend Ashley her dad like works for someone who got us tickets and at first she asked this girl Britney to go with her but then Britney like tried to steal Ashley's boyfriend so they weren't friends anymore even though they used to be like BFF. But now Ashley and I are BFF and her dad took me to the concert and it was like sooooooooo awesome. She started off as Hannah Montana then came out again as Miley Cyrus and sang all Miley songs. I love that one called "Can't Wait To See You Again." Because one time I was talking to this cute boy and I was like so nervous that I started stuttering, just like in the song. And then he asked what was wrong with me and my friend Ashley said "oh she's just being Miley." But my name isn't even Miley. But it was like so funny. Anyway, I think Miley Cyrus and Hannah Montana should be your persons of the year because they are like so awesome."

The Poop: "Thank you all for your nominations. All candidates will be considered very carefully and we will have a decision very shortly."

Note: The comments made by the people indicated here are not actual comments made by the pepole indicated here, even though they sure sound like it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those are the exact words I would have used to describe NPH! You have really gotten to know me well over the last year.

Go NPH!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I would like to nominate myself for a lifetime achievement award for having to live my whole life related to the Concierge.

Anonymous said...

I would like to nominate Boston area sports as they have seemingly won everything else this year. Why not give them this award too...