Saturday, December 29, 2007

Your Name Here

When I started this blog more than two years ago I never imagined it would grow into the cultural force it has become. I also underestimated how popular this blog would be with Google Searchers.

At beginning, I used a lot of people's real names when talking about them on this blog. When I started getting e-mails from people looking to track down someone I decided to go with nicknames instead of real names for Poopheads. And in most cases I retroactively searched the Poop and made the adjustments.

In one case I did not.

Two years ago on this day I wished Reissberg a happy birthday. He turns 29 today, by the way.

In that post instead of "Reissberg's dad" I used his real name. Almost two years later an old friend of Reissberg's dad googled him and came across the Poop. When he contacted him he asked why when his son was born did he say to the doctor "give me my baby, asshole?"

This made an awkward moment for Reissberg who was confronted by his parents. He eventually explained how we "exaggerated" his father's rudeness and how we end every sentence said by Reissberg's dad with an "asshole," including the Concierge's "I'm enjoying my danish, asshole" at the brunch the morning after Reissberg's wedding.

Anyway, Reissberg's dad laughed off the whole incident but will definitely call me an asshole next time I see him.

No comments: