Sunday, December 30, 2007

Weekly Picks

Another bad week and I am sinking like a stone. I can't afford anymore bad weeks so I offer you these picks. And one guarantee: one team that needs to win to make the playoffs will lose.

new england -14 NEW YORK GIANTS
The Patriots are incredibly motivated and the Giants are not.

cleveland -10 SAN FRANCISCO
If the 49res were good enough to win three games in a row they wouldn't have been so bad all season. The Browns need this game and I think they can generate enough offense to cover this spread.

dallas +9 WASHINGTON
This is the first time I can remember getting the chance to pick the Redskins with such a big spread. If the Redskins win by 9 or more I will be ecstatic and this loss won't mean anything to me. And if they lose, this won't be insurance because I'll still be furious but at least I'll get the point. Best case is that I could get the double whammy and the Redskins would win by 1 through 8 points.

new orleans -2 1/2 CHICAGO
The Saints should be able to put some points on the board against a Bears defense that hasn't played that great this season. I just can't see the Saints folding their tents since they play before the Redskins and Vikings do.

BEST BET
minnesota -3 DENVER
I think the Vikings can run on Denver and with their big guys they should be able to stop the Broncos running game. Jackson has had 2 horrible games in a row and I think he'll play better this week and I think the Vikings will take the ball out of his hands a little bit this week and pound with Peterson and Taylor against a team that looked like they gave up last week against the Chargers.

Last Week: 2-3 (3 points)
Season so far: 43-37 (45 points - T-7th, 9 points out of 1st)
Best bet: 1-0 (9-7)
Home favorites: 1-1 (18-10)
Home underdogs: 0-0 (3-1)
Road favorites: 1-2 (18-17)
Road underdogs: 0-0 (4-8)
Pick em: 0-0 (0-1)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

at least your guarantee was right