Friday, February 01, 2008

Super Bowl Prediction

I'd need a miracle to cash in my pool this year...wait actually, no I wouldn't need a miracle. I am tied for 10th place with 52 points. The top 8 are paid. There are 3 people with 55, they are tied for 4th. Then three people are tied for for 7th with 54. Then I am tied with four others. Basically I need to get the game right, and nail the point total to have any chance because if you get the game right you get two points, get it wrong and you lose one, so it's possible to close a 3 point gap.

New York Giants +12 New England Patriots
I've been picking the Patriots all season and they've covered only once in their last 8 games. I expect that trend to keep up and the Giants to cover this huge spread.

I am also picking the Giants to win the game. It's a little bit of a hunch, a little bit of a nod to destiny and a little bit of wishful thinking for Papa Poop and Master Bates. But most of my decision is based on the fact that the Patriots defense has been awful lately. They are old and they can't stop anyone.

I think the Giants can run the ball effectively and limit the number of possessions. I think Giants defense can get pressure on Brady without bringing extra guys and taking them out of coverage. One key turnover, or one key stop on 3rd down can give the Giants the edge in this game.

New York Giants 27 New England Patriots 23
MVP: Michael Strahan and Osi Umenyiora
Note: It's too easy to pick a QB so I went out on a limb.

Feel free to post in the comments your predicted final score as well as an MVP choice who does not play quarterback.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Going with the 'giants will win' theme, and because I like Brandon Jacobs but think he's over-rated...I'll take a chance and say Ahmad Bradshaw gets a lot of touches, and breaks a big one for a TD while the Giants are down towards the end of the game. Who knows...its possible.

Anonymous said...

I'm not rooting for this to happen, but my prediction is Patriots 35, Giants 17, with Randy Moss as MVP.

Anonymous said...

Pats 21 Giants 17
Pats offensive line gets MVP for keeping Strahan and co. away from Brady.

Anonymous said...

i can't pick against the Giants, regardless of how good the Patriots are. So I'll pick 31-28 Giants. And since I've ben saying it for two weeks, I'll continue ... Bradshaw for MVP.

LET'S GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Giants 31-28
MVP is Antonio Pierce

Anonymous said...

RELISH THIS BABY!!!!!