Thursday, February 21, 2008

Idol Chatter

This first round of live performances was as bad as I can remember.
The boys night was a total washout except for maybe David Archuleta (the young kid) and Jason Castro (the blue eyed Puerto Rican with dreads).
The first 8 girls sucked too but the last four really picked it up.

Don't blame the 60s music, because they picked from a lot of great songs. They even chose great songs then ruined them.
Two people (David Cook and Brooke White) picked "Happy Together" and one of them said "if I called you up, invest the time." The correct lyric is actually "dime" but the concept of a phone call costing a dime is so anachronistic that he felt the need to change it.

Chikizie isn't quite good enough yet to have dropped his last name. Especially because his last name is Eze and it sounds so good together.

Danny Noriega might be the first openly gay American Idol contestant but his rendition of gay Elvis disgusted me. Then there's Colton Berry who is just as gay, but much less self-aware. He was making so many gay faces it reminded me of trying to take a picture of Pizza Parlor Derek.

The competition really started with the last four girls to perform.
There was Asia'h Epperson. Now I don't want to speak ill of the dead but what was her father smoking when he named her? Who in their right mind says "I want to name my daughter after Asia, it's one of my 7 favorite continents. But I think it would be much better if we added an apostrophe-H." Ridiculous. But she was good and her performance was probably the most fun.

I also enjoyed Ramiele Malubay singing "You Don't Have To Say You Love Me," which is one of my favorite songs ever.

Carly Smithson closed out the show but there is some controversy about her. As they mentioned on the show she had a recording deal...back in 1999, under a different name. Idol released that news to show they knew about it and are ok with it, but I think it violates the spirit of the competition. Idol is supposed to be about discovering undiscovered talent. I also think they should lower the age range to 25. Jordin Sparks is infinitely more enjoyable than Taylor Hicks, because she was 13 years younger than he was when he won. I have the feeling that Carly will make the Top 12 but not last much longer than that. Btw, according to reports Kristi Lee Cook and Michael Johns also had record deals at one point.

My favorite (and I may just be thinking with my dick) and my early choice to win it all, is Syesha Mercado. I love her!

Going home this week: Garrett Haley, Jason Yeager, Amy Davis, Brooke White.

Serious contenders to win it all: Michael Johns, Jason Castro, David Hernandez, Asia'h Epperson, Ramiele Malubay and Syesha Mercado

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"thinking with my dick"???...cmon poop, my kids are reading this...
try: "thinking with my other head".....yahhrrrdme/nahmean/nomesayin

Anonymous said...

"Thinking with my dick"???
Come on poop, my kids are reading this.
Why don't you try: "thinking with my other head"
Did you hear me?
Do you know what I mean?
Do you know what I'm saying?