Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A Brit Part

It was another "How I Met Your Mother" episode that seemed thrown together too quickly because of CBS's ambitious return date after the writers' strike.

Britney wasn't bad, her character was just useless. I liked Sarah Chalke and thought she looked way hotter than she ever looked on Scrubs, but there just weren't that many funny parts.

It just seemed as if Britney's character was thrown in. And I know her final scene with NPH was thrown in, and you could tell.



The scene where Ted and Stella discussed Abby, or Alan and when Britney returned Ted's book, were both incredibly stupid.



I also didn't really like the 2 minute date (although it produced a good line “The last two minute date I had gave me a daughter”), but it was shot in real time with no edits, so that makes it cool.

Sarah Chalke apparently brought her own lab coat from Scrubs because it's tailored to her.



The interlude where Barney convinces Ted to grow a mustache to win a bet, was hysterical. And capped with "I woulda done it for free," really saved the episode for me.

Hopefully they'll get back in the groove once the pre-strike ideas are finished.

Btw, I hope you all noticed Stella's reference to a St. Patrick's Day party. I think that's another red herring, she is not my mother.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, Sarah Chalke looked great

Anonymous said...

I thought Brit made a respectable comeback