Monday, March 24, 2008

Tournament Challenge Update

Thanks to everyone who participated in our Tournament Challenge group.

We had 26 entries though some people entered several sheets. I have no problem with that, I did it myself, but you can't brag if your wife or dog or baby wins.

That said Beers is winning using the picks he entered in his own name. After nailing Western Kentucky and Siena, he also had the onions to pick WKU over what he thought would be UConn. That paid off. Let's see how his next gamble (Louisville over Tennessee and North Carolina) works out.

Michael who normally dominates this event, and led after the first round, had trouble with the Big East. He picked 6 Big East teams to make the Sweet 16, but Pitt, Marquette, UConn, Notre Dame and Georgetown all lost. And he left out 2 of the 3 teams (Villanova and West Virginia) that actually did.

Mrs. Poop is very upset with her poor performance thus far and vows not to fill out a bracket next year if I keep making fun of her.

As for all of the 3 million or so entries on espn.com, 4,621 have Davidson, Villanova and Western Kentucky in the Sweet 16, but only 2 of those people have all 13 of the other 16 teams also.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Besides Whales Vagina University over UConn, there has been no bigger upset than Davidson over G-town. Trey and I want some props for that pick. Did anyone else in The Poop Tourney Challenge have that? Curry is sick and if he wasn't on such a hot streak, I'd say Wisconsin will turn their carriage back into a pumpkin.

Alison picked Nova in the Sweet 16 and over Kansas. She also picked Georgia to go to the Elite 8, so take it for what it's worth.

Beers was great in the first round, but I think some of his later round moves will hurt him.

Derek said...

I had Stephan Curry also although I didn't see that game because I WAS PLAYING FOR BUTLER. I was that uncoordinated center 54 with the t-shirt on that couldn't catch the ball.