Saturday, March 29, 2008

NCAA Tournament: Friday Facts

Stephen Curry is pretty good. Not just pretty good, freakin awesome. No matter what they do they can't seem to keep him from getting 30 points. I think he's hit 90% of his open looks from 3 in this tournament. I am so impressed with this guy and if he keeps growing I think he could be a NBA player, sort of in the Dell Curry mold.

I should have stuck with my initial read on Wisconsin. Too big and slow to hang with a team with superior athleticism.

And I changed my mind on Stanford too even though I was right all along. With the Lopez brothers they were good enough to be inferior teams but once they got up against a team with fast guards who can shoot and push the ball, they really have no answer. I also think they should have just left both Lopezes in the whole game and every time thrown the ball into one of them, have him shoot it and have the other one try to rebound the miss. That's the best strategy for them.

Was LeBron James wearing canary yellow diamond earrings?

LeBron was in town to play the Pistons so he decided to watch "the kid" play. Davidson fans were already outfitted in "Witness" t-shirts.

Hey Memphis haters, does free throw shooting matter when you have a 30-point halftime lead? Memphis showed why they are so good. They had more talent at every position than Michigan State. I still think they might lose to Texas, but they are a damn good team.

Kansas looked really awesome too. Davidson's run ends against them. Curry may get his points, but there is no way they can keep up with Kansas's speed, and Kansas has a huge size and strength advantage.

Unfortunately Davidson won by so much that we didn't get vintage Gus Johnson, though he did give us one "ha HA!"

I think Nantz and Packer are their worst team, yet somehow they're the lead team.

North Carolina and Louisville play in the men's and women's tournaments today. Do you think the CBS announcers will even know, and mention this?

No comments: