Thursday, March 06, 2008

Idol Chatter

I didn't have time to post about this week's shows before the results show because we hadn't watched the performances. But I didn't want to let a week like this go by without saying something.

First of all, I once again predicted 3 of 4 who would go home. Luke and Kady were layups and although she was good I predicted Asia'h would go. I thought Chicezie was going home because I thought the gay voters would come out in force for Danny Noriega after his incredibly sassy performance of "Tainted Love." Maybe this video turned them off. Watch it, trust me.

Instead the gay vote went for David Hernandez who used to be a dancer at Dick's Cabaret in Phoenix, where he performed full-nude lap dances for the club's mostly gay clientele.




Mrs. Poop loved Michael Johns, but she will love anyone who does a song from "The Breakfast Club."

And I loved David Cook's rendition of "Hello," but I will love anyone who does a song from Lionel Richie.

We both agree with Simon that David Archuleta, while good, is getting a little boring and his feigning surprise every time someone says something nice about him is getting a little tiresome. He is already starting to face a little backlash, including this negative article which says he stole his "original" arrangement of "Imagine" and that he didn't sing the first verse because it says "no religion too" and he is a devout Mormon.

As for the girls, I think they need to ban Whitney Houston songs. Every black tries one at least once at they can't do them as well as Whitney so they sound bad in comparison. I thought Brooke White's rendition of "Love is a Battlefield" was awful. It captured none of the passion and spirit of the original.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really want to do word puzzles with David Cook....all....night....long.

And by word puzzles, I mean sex.

DC is hawt.