Thursday, May 22, 2008

Come See Kimbo

CBS has decided to dip its toe into MMA but instead of ponying up the extra cash for a deal with UFC, CBS basically created a new league called EliteXC.
To market their new league they brought in internet sensation Kimbo Slice.
Here's the fight that made Kimbo famous:



Kimbo has been training real hard and learning the ground game necessary to be a top MMA fighter. But he's not there yet. Chances are Kimbo would lose against the top guys in UFC, but I doubt they would let him lose in EliteXC because they're banking on him, he's headlining the first card on CBS on May 31.





jusTON and I (and possibly Mr. DiBern, formerly Mr. DiTen) are going to be a part of history as MMA makes its primetime network television debut live from the Rock in Newark. We're pretty sure Kimbo is going to win since they probably put him up against a stiff, but it should be a good experience. There's also a female fighter on the card.

Anyone wishing to attend this event with TON and me should let me know definitely by Friday May 23rd before 4pm eastern.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will pass on Bimbo and the hot chick. I watched Bimbo's first fight on Showtime and the guy he fought pulled a Peter McNeely 10 seconds into it. For now, UFC just has way better talent. I'm shocked that Paul would be interested in this.