Thursday, May 22, 2008

Idol Chatter

I'm glad David Cook won. He was more deserving than that little sissy David Archuleta. Plus Archuleta's father is apparently a terroristic stage dad. He probably wanted to kill someone and will probably sue over the results.



Why can't American Idol time their show properly? Mrs. Poop and I were just two of the millions who didn't see the announcement because of DVRs. And it cut off so damn close, we were like 10 seconds away from being golden. We had to look up the result on the internet and see the winning moment on youtube this morning.

But why does David Cook have to cry so often? Once is senstive, twice is overcome with emotion, three times is closet homosexual.




I'm glad they put my girl Syesha into a bunch of slinky dresses. She obviously embraced her hotness a little too late in the game however.



Donna Summer and George Michael did they run out of current singers and had to fall back on washed up ones? Though I did enjoy them way more than the JoBros.

My favorite of all the performances though, surprisingly was Brooke White and Graham Nash singing "Teach Your Children." It's a nice song and they sung it well. Brooke was born 40 years too late. She'll never be a successful contemporary recording artist.



Mrs. Poop's favorite performance was Renaldo Lapuz singing "I Am Your Brother" complete with USC marching and song girls.



Didn't Amanda Overmyer look like she raided Paula's medicine cabinet? She looked more dazed than Jason Castro. She even sang like a mannequin. Eventually they stopped showing her because she wasn't singing or smiling and she was barely moving.



Carrie Underwood looked hot showing off her slutty side while singing "Last Name" and almost giving us an upskirt shot. But what the fuck was that thing connecting her sleeves?



I also enjoyed her preshow dress which gave us a little side-boobie action.



But my favorite thing in the history of American Idol probably was the Pips sketch. I loved it because of course I love "Midnight Train to Georgia" but also because it was so well-acted and at least for the first half of the song the humor was very subtle. It didn't get over the top until Jack Black came out with his pants around his ankles.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS to my boy Cook! I've been a loyal fan of his from day 1 and I'm ecstatic that he won --- by 12 million votes! Suck on that Archuleta's dad!

And Cook can cry as often as he wants. Because he fucking rules.

David Cook for president!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That Gladys thing was fun for about 30 seconds, then go old. Other than that and Kerry Underwood's boobs, I didn't watch.

I will say that if you're dumb enough to get screwed repeatedly by DVR and not change the time to record 15 minutes over, then you and America deserve to get screwed.