Sunday, September 07, 2008

Weekly Picks

It's time for another season of Paul's picks. Even though I am not doing the pool this year due to a dissatisfaction with the rules, I'll still pick four games for 1 or 0 points, and a 5th game as my best bet for 2 or -1.

cincinnati -1 1/2 BALTIMORE
I think the Ravens are going to be putrid this year. I don't think too much of the Bengals either but they at least have an offense that can put some points on the board. With a spread this small, I just go after the winner.

minnesota +2 1/2 GREEN BAY
No one knows how Aaron Rodgers is going to do with all this pressure on him. We all know how Tarvaris Jackson is going to do, poorly. But with Adrian Peterson, an excellent offensive line and a good defense I think the Vikings will win this game, and the extra couple points cushion makes me feel even more comfortable about this pick.

dallas -5 CLEVELAND
I think this is the year Dallas gets over the hump and dominates the NFC to the tune of a 13-3 or 14-2 record. As for Cleveland, I expect a big dropoff offensively from last year. This spread is pretty big for a road favorite, but I have that much faith in the Cowboys.

NEW ENGLAND -15 kansas city
They've been waiting the entire offseason for this.

BEST BET
new york jets -3 MIAMI

I can't believe the Jets are only giving 3 points to this horrible Dolphins team, even on the road. Favre should be fired up and the Dolphins should still be bad. I can't see the Jets losing this one, so unless it's a field goal game I really like my chances here.

No comments: