Saturday, September 13, 2008

Weekly Picks

Started off the year with a decent week thanks to a fortuitous injury to the Jets kicker. A lot of teams I thought were good lost last week, so I'm going to pick them to bounce back this week.

JACKSONVILLE -5 buffalo
Classic case of a good team losing and getting written off (they did lost two key offensive linemen) and a decent team winning big and getting pumped up. The Bills did blow out the Seahawks but a couple unusual plays boosted their cause. I don't see them going on the road and beating the Jags so I'll give the 5 points and hope.

san diego pick em DENVER
Another example of the better team having lost last week. Plus I think the national opinion of Denver got inflated because they did what they did on Monday night when everyone was watching. But since they did what they did against the horrible Raiders, I'm not ready to believe they're really that good. I always get burned falling in love with the Chargers but you can't discount they have tons of talent.

new england +1 1/2 NEW YORK JETS
This game will be a great demonstration of the importance of one player to a football team. The Jets sucked last year without Brett Favre, how much impact does he have on them? The Patriots were nearly perfect last year with Tom Brady, will they fall off that much without him? I don't think they will. It remains to be seen how much Favre will improve the Jets, but I think the Patriots still have too many good players and will be out to prove something this week.

tennessee +1 CINCINNATI
It's seem very likely that the Bengals will be awful again this year even with all their weapons on offense. And I actually think the Titans are better off without Vince Young. They have a good running game and I think Kerry Collins can make enough plays to get them past the Bengals.

BEST BET
indianapolis -1 1/2 MINNESOTA

Peyton Manning against Tarvaris Jackson. That should be enough to convince anyone that the Colts will win this game. But there's also the matter that the Colts got embarrassed last week and will be out to prove something. Plus the Vikings have a good run defense, but a terrible pass defense, and I expect Manning to slice them up


Last week: 2-3 (3 points)
Home Favorites: 0-1
Home Underdogs: 0-0
Road Favorites: 2-1
Road Underdogs: 0-1

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

STEEEEEELERS!!!!!