Friday, December 19, 2008

Advice for TON

It has come to my attention that TON is heading to Canada this weekend to do some skiing.
As a veteran of at least 20 road trips to Canada I thought I would offer some advice for a Canada novice.
This is what you do when you are going through customs:
1) Turn the radio off. Not when you pull up to the window, but as soon as you get in a lane
2) Do not talk. Once again, this policy takes affect 5 minutes before you approach the customs agent. Use this time to formulate your story.
3) Admit to nothing. You are not bringing booze, gifts, firearms, vegetables or exotic animals to the country.
4) Prepare your travel documents. Documentation for every passenger in the car should be given to the driver and readied to hand to the agent.
5) Play man or lady. And give the person who takes lady 2 to 1 odds.

Note: failure to take these steps may result in you getting pulled over for a random search of your vehicle. Ask JLeary and FatScat about this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Focks was there too....but that was my Karma for not letting you in front in the customs lane, and me and giving you the finger in the process.
I thought for sure Scat was going to turn me in for something even though we didnt do anything illegal

Anonymous said...

I went through the border before reading this. Luckily, everything went smoothly...and yes, I did find time out of my vacation to check on The Poop!