Friday, December 12, 2008

Weekly Picks

So the Jets fucked me again. For the second time this season I picked them on the road against a bad team and they lost outright. The Jets suck and I am never picking them again this season. But I also screwed up a couple other games and set myself back with zero points. I'll rebound.

denver +7 1/2 CAROLINA
The Panthers are getting a little overrated right now. They are always a disappointing team and even though Denver has no run defense I can see them keeping this game close.

CINCINNATI +7 washington
I never pick games involving the Redskins but their offense is so bad right now I just don't see them scoring enough points to cover.

cleveland +14 PHILADELPHIA
I'm very worried about a push here but I can definitely see the Browns putting at least a couple scores on the board here to keep this one close.

pittsburgh +1 1/2 BALTIMORE
I think the Steelers are the better team with the equal defense and better offense. But I am worried about the big mistake by Ben Roethlisberger. I will enjoy Polamalu and Reed in this one.

BEST BET
new york giants +3 DALLAS

Might as well make it five underdogs (correction: only 4 on the road) this week. There's no way the Giants lose this game this week. T.O. has already planted the seeds of discord this week. I expect Romo to work a little too hard to get him the ball which means a diminished focus on the running game and on other receivers, especially Jason Witten. I think the Giants are pissed off coming off last week's loss and though the result of this game doesn't really matter when determining home-field, they don't want to go into the Carolina game off 2 straight division losses.

Last Week: 1-4 (0 points)
Season: 36-34 (42 points)
Best Bets: 0-1 (10-4)
Home Favorites: 0-2 (9-15)
Home Underdogs: 0-0 (2-1)
Road Favorites: 0-1 (16-7)
Road Underdogs: 1-1 (8-10)
Road Pickems: 0-0 (1-1)

No comments: