Saturday, January 09, 2010

Colt McCoy Blames God for Injury

As we often see in postgame interviews, winners credit God for their performance. But very rarely do we hear losers blame the loss on God. Except for Texas quarterback Colt McCoy who was injured on the fifth play of the Citi BCS National Championship game:

"I've given college football the best I've had for the last four years," McCoy said. "Every player's dream is to play on a stage like that and have an opportunity like that. I could have never imagined this would happen. I'll never question God. I'm a man of faith. I've never questioned why. But, yes, I'm truly disappointed because I would have made a huge difference."

It seems to me he is clearly saying that God caused his shoulder injury but as a man of faith he is not going to ask why God ruined his college career and his life.

2 comments:

Bill said...

I thought the same thing when I saw him say that. I haven't read too much about it, but wonder how serious this injury was. I bet Tebow would have played and Meyer would have made him.

focks said...

I blame God for JSS