Friday, January 08, 2010

Weekly Picks

Ok, so I had a terrible regular season I was due after some pretty good years. Plus this is the playoffs. This is where you make your money.

new york jets +2 CINCINNATI
I hate to go with what seems like the common consensus here but I just have a feeling about the Jets. I don’t think they have the potential to be this year’s surprising Wild Card team that makes the Super Bowl but I do like them against the Bengals here. After a series of disastrous performances by Mark Sanchez I think the Jets have calibrated a game plan that can use their top running game and their top ranked defense and take the game completely out of Sanchez’s hands. Remember the Bengals passing game is no great shakes either.

DALLAS -4 philadelphia
Don’t believe the hype. It’s hard to beat a team three times in a season, it’s harder to beat a team that’s better than you in the playoffs on the road. For the record 19 times teams a team has had the chance to beat another team 3 times in one season. They did it 12 times. That’s 63%. I’ll take those odds. The Tony Romo – Donovan McNabb factor is very volatile though. Both of these quarterbacks have shown the ability to flame out spectacularly especially in the playoffs. I’d like to see Donovan win the Super Bowl to shut up the obnoxious Philly fans but I don’t think this is his year.

green bay +1 ½ ARIZONA
I hate to be picking all three teams that won last week to win again but that’s just what I see when I look at these games. Green Bay has a better defense and I think Rodgers can match Warner throw for throw. I also don’t think Arizona will be a sleeper two years in a row.

BEST BET
NEW ENGLAND -3 baltimore

I know there is a lot working against the Patriots here including Tom Brady’s nicks and Wes Welker injuries but I won’t bet against the Patriots at home in playoffs as long as Tom Brady and Bill Belichick are prominently involved. But my real guess is that the Pats win by a field goal and royally screw me.

Last week: 3-2 (2 points)
Season: 36-49 (35 points)
Best Bets: 0-1 (8-9)
Home Favorites: 0-0 (7-13)
Home Underdogs: 0-0 (1-2)
Road Favorites: 2-1 (16-16)
Road Underdogs: 1-1 (12-17)
Road Pickem: 0-0 (0-1)

No comments: