Thursday, October 28, 2010

LeBron James Listened to "Garden Party"

The LeBron strikes back. In his new Nike ad "What Should I Do?" LeBron goes wild with the Ricky Nelson mantra "you can't please everyone so you gotta please yourself."

The ad is full of subtext reminding the viewer that he "did this before" meaning going to SVSM to play with his friends. And he takes nasty shots at Michael Jordan (for his awful Hall of Fame speech) and at Charles Barkley (for being a fat, loudmouth who never won anything).

I love it. As someone who mostly defended his decision (though voiced displeasure with the Decision special) I'm glad LeBron is basically saying to the world "I did what I did, I'm happy with it, I don't care what you think."

That's a great attitude to have but now the Heat need to start winning some games.

2 comments:

Jems said...

How stupid are these companies? It's a commercial for crying out loud. They should want people to see it, and see it often. Instead they put up a copyright claim so you can't have it on your blog? Insane...

Paul said...

Calm down Jems, turns out Nike just wanted to make sure the linking and embedding was done to the official version of the commercial on its own youtube page. They probably want to be able to consolidate the view statistics.