Sunday, November 13, 2011

Weekly Picks

Last week was my worst week of the season. I got only one point and I was fortunate to get even that much. Saints almost pushed, and Cardinals won in overtime. I'm still shocked by the Miami result and I would probably pick against them this week if they weren't playing the only team in the NFL with a worse offense, the Redskins.

PHILADELPHIA -13 1/2 arizona
No way they lose two home games in a row. Now the question is can they win by two touchdowns. It's about time for the Eagles to explode on offense and the defense should be able to shut down John Skelton.

GREEN BAY -12 1/2 minnesota
The last time they played Minnesota kept it close. I don't see that happening this time. Aaron Rodgers is on another level.

buffalo +5 DALLAS
I still want to believe the Bills were not an early season mirage. If they lose this game big, I guess it means they were.

CINCINNATI +4 1/2 pittsburgh
It's Week 10 and I still haven't picked a home dog. It's never too late. The Bengals might actually be a good team. Andy Dalton and the defense should be able to keep things close.

BEST BET
CAROLINA -3 1/2 tennessee

There has to come a point where Cam Newton's great performances start paying off in wins and losses. I think that comes this week against a Tennessee team that is very cold after a strong start.



Last week: 2-3 (1 points)
Season: 23-22 (24 points)
Best Bets: 0-1 (5-4)
Home Favorites: 2-3 (10-11
Home Underdogs: 0-0 (0-0)
Road Favorites: 0-0 (6-6)
Road Underdogs: 0-0 (7-5)

1 comment:

Damino said...

I appreciate your belief in the Bills but I think the point you made is correct - the early season wins were more of a fluke than a reflection of a great team.

They're not making the playoffs and will probably end up with 7 or 8 wins.