Thursday, May 16, 2013

Funny or Douchey?

Randomly inserted in 2012 Bowman boxes were 10 golden contracts, entitling the signee to a $500 signing bonus, a Yu Darvish autographed baseball and a chance at the grand prize, your own card in the 2013 Bowman set. The winner is a card shop owner from Las Vegas named Marcel Bilak.



Is Bilak's double thumbs up pose funny or douchey?



They are doing this again this year, except there are 25 contracts, no signing bonus and a 4%, instead of 10% chance of getting your own card. There's only one of these contracts on eBay, listed for $1500, but I think $300-$400 is a more realistic value.

I think if I got my own card I would try to grow my hair out and recreate this Oscar Gamble 1976 Topps card.



Or maybe I can piss off Mrs. Poop and recreate Glenn Hubbard's 1984 Fleer card



Maybe I could have Chase and Julian chase me like Steve Finley did in his 2002 Fleer Ultra



Probably the best thing would be to recreate the famous 1989 Bill Ripken Fleer, but instead of Fuck Face I could write Poop on the knob on the bat.



True story: I gave Mrs. Poop that card for Mother's Day and told her I wanted to give her a gift that would always remind her of me, every time she looked at it.

No comments: