Tuesday, May 14, 2013

I Have Met My Mother

Her name is Cristin Milloti, and she is my mother. Finally, on the finale of the 8th season of "How I Met Your Mother" they revealed the titular "mother."
She was carrying the yellow umbrella and wearing the cute boots that Lilly is going to borrow because they are the same size. And I am assured that this is not a pump fake, this is really her.



I really liked this episode in its entirety even before the reveal. The stuff with Ted still being in love with Robin is a bit much. Barney and Robin trying to break up that couple was quite funny (yes that was Penny from "Happy Endings"). And although the Marshall judge thing was totally unrealistic, I do understand they are trying to set up some major tension between Marshall and Lily for the 9th and final season.

I think there is plenty of material for a very strong final season. There are a lot of loose ends that could be tied up as well as enough fun stuff to do with the courtship (I'm assuming they will jam pack next season so that it ends with the wedding, or better yet the birth of the kids, or better yet until the day he is telling them the story). It should be a great final season to bring a show that started off as a 10, and fell to a six, back up to its rightful perch.

But for now the big question is, who do the kids resemble most?

2 comments:

jleary said...

I liked it. I think she is probably what I expected. I am not sure what people thought she was going to be that they are so disappointed.
And I kind of think the kids look like Bob Saget most

Reissberg said...

Hehe... you said titular.