Tuesday, December 06, 2005

ESPN Attacks My Way of Life

The douchebags at ESPN, specifically Patrick Hruby of Page2, have chosen to attack my way of life, my wardrobe and my favored form of self-expression, the sports jersey. Hruby says if you wear a jersey while not participating in sports, you look like a clown.

Take ESPN's stupid poll.

This group think crap is exactly the reason why I wear jerseys. Because I don't want to be one of those dorky fat white guys who wears button down shirts and pleated khakis while he talks about repsect and tries not to look like Ja Rule. That point of view is expressed by my friend Todd who probably thinks only Ivan Rodriguez or Carlton Fisk jerseys are acceptable.

I wear my jerseys because I'm an individual and I don't give a shit what people think of me. So let the following pictures serve as a big fuck you to Todd, ESPN and anyone else hating on sports jerseys.

I just counted the jerseys in my closet, including both current player and retro jerseys (but not counting soon to be retros like Champ Bailey and Fred Smoot Redskins and Edgardo Alfonzo, Todd Hundley and Rey Ordonez Mets jerseys), I have 28 jerseys in my rotation.

1988 Syracuse Orangemen Sherman Douglas, a tribute to the General
1984 Minnesota Twins Kirby Puckett, my favorite player ever
1980 Houston Astros Nolan Ryan, you can't be baller if you don't rock this jersey
1971 Baltimore Orioles Brooks Robinson, probably my favorite of all the jerseys I own
1987 Toronto Blue Jays Cecil Fielder, I had to represent my mom's favorite team, and this jersey is special because it's the only one Kate ever bought for me
San Diego Chargers LaDanian Tomlinson, just a classic color scheme, I opted to save $400 bucks and get this one instead of the Lance Alworth throwback and now that LT is so awesome, I'm glad I did

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who is this good looking guy in all of the jerseys?

Keith Wilen said...

Where did you get that Jays jersey?

Paul said...

Mitchell & Ness