Monday, January 30, 2006

More Pedro News

Pedro confirmed that he recently married Carolina Cruz, a Dominican reporter for ESPN.
As for his ailing right big toe, which might force him out of the World Baseball Classic, Pedro is still waiting for the specially designed shoe from Nike that, he hopes, will provide the necessary cushion.

"I have faith in God, and I know I'll be ready," Martinez said. "I'm being optimistic that I'll be able to play the World Baseball Classic and the 2006 season." The injury, Martinez said, resulted from "irregular movement" from his pitching delivery, damaging the cartilage of the toe.
"The pain became insufferable during the 2004 season, and I had to take a cortisone shot in order to tolerate the pain and be able to help Boston win the World Series," he said. "Last year, the pain returned in June, but the doctors recommended that, rather than ignoring the wound by applying cortisone, I rehabilitate the foot instead, which is what we're doing right now."

Mrs. Pedro

No comments: