Thursday, February 02, 2006

Terrence Roberts Saves the Season

Last night Syracuse beat Rutgers 86-84, on a last second three pointer by Terrence Roberts. It was his second 3 of the year, and his first that didn't go glass. Gerry McNamara got hurt in the first half and scored only 3 points. Some reports say SU won in spite of his injury. I say we won because of it. I honestly hope he is out for the season. Nichols and Devendorf are better, more reliable scorers. And honestly at the end of a game I'd rather have Roberts shooting than McNamara.

If you didn't see the game (I didn't because even though I live in NJ they didn't show Rutgers) you will definitely want to read this article and watch the highlights.

Also Quincy Douby, the best player in the Big East, set a Carrier Dome record with 41 points last night.

Roberts does the antenna celebration
Roberts screams
the reason we won

No comments: