Sunday, March 05, 2006

This will ruin Pauls vacation

Paul's favorite childhood baseball player, role model, celebrity eight-ball tournament organizer, glaucoma sufferer, and supposed womanizer Kirby Puckett has just run into a serious health problem, suffering a stroke:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2355333

From the article:
Former Minnesota Twins center fielder Kirby Puckett had a stroke at his Arizona home Sunday and was taken to a hospital for surgery. Another former Twins great, Tony Oliva, a special instructor during spring training, said he has been worried about Puckett's weight. "The last few times I saw him, he kept getting bigger and bigger and bigger"

(Special thanks to Master Bates for the tip)

5 comments:

Mike said...

People always used to say that he was just built but now I am starting to think that he was fat and when he retired he just kept eating. I am not sure if that was the cause of his stroke but I am sure it didn't help. It is very sad.

Ton said...

Lots of ex-pro guys get huge. They go from working out non-stop, to chillin non-stop...but keep on eating like a beast. For example, Charles barkley is probably 400 lbs right now.

Mike said...

I love the photoshop work but it looks like Paul's arm is bending in a way that might be painful.

Ton said...

Yeah, I didn't go all out for the arm. Its from a totally different photo, and was at a totally different angle. I figured a distorted gimp arm is better than no arm at all.

Anonymous said...

Puckett is dead. I just saw online.