Friday, April 14, 2006

Auto Show

Earlier this week I had the chance to do a couple live shots from the New York Auto Show. I'm not a big car guy so I wasn't too excited but when I got there it was really cool. The only problem was that I was with two camera crews and my ID said CNN on it, which made me like chum in the water for the feeding sharks (press people). We saw some cool concept cars, like the Nissan Urge but I really enjoyed the regular cars. We were able to get into the Mercedes S-Class which has the coolest dashboard ever. There is a night vision camera on the front that displays on the dashboard. It shows a clear image of what's in front of your car up to about 300 feet away. It's better than your headlights and better than the night vision that soliders in Iraq have. It also has something called brake-assist which basically hits the brake for you if you are going to get into an accident. The guy told us that if you have it on cruise control, and encounter traffic, the car will brake, and then resume normal speed when traffic starts moving again.


Nissan Urge

No comments: