Monday, May 08, 2006

Braves 13 Mets 3

Just a horrible game. But every team has games like this and now wasn't a bad time for one. Lima looked bad, but not horrible. Enough to earn himself another start maybe.

Bartolome Fortunato imploded. But hopefully he can shake it off. I think he has potential.

Beltran hit another home run. He already has half as many homers as he did all season.

Heilman, Sanchez and Wagner all got to take the day off which is good news going into the off day today.

Not much else to say about a loss like this. They happen sometimes but the best time to have them happen is when you've already taken the first two games of the series.

A big series looming against Philadelphia. The Phillies have won 8 in a row.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I disagree about Lima. Jay and I were at the game, and he looked pretty awful. I know he got a lot of bad luck in that second inning (essentially having to get 6 outs). But even putting that inning aside, he had no control. He went 3 balls to just about every batter (and I think walked Smoltz once after going 0-2).

Not saying the guy can't contribute for us, but now that we are depending on him to be our 4th starter, it makes me very nervous given how he pitched yesterday.

Paul said...

Because of the nature of this game I skipped over some details including the very unusual second inning in which LoDuca missed the tag (I think) then spiked the ball during play. Also in that inning a double play was taken off the board by a balk.
As for Lima, I said he pitched badly. I don't wish to quibble over the degree of badness. He was bad. But that said I still think with the current injury situation he showed enough to warrant another start or two.