Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Mets Trade Possibilities

Barry Zito: I'd rather not go there especially if the price is Lastings Milledge. Zito has been inconsistent for three years now but this trade seems the most likely.

Odalis Perez: Would cost the Mets about $20 million to have him for this year and next. I know it's only money but he is not good enough to warrant that much, there has to be some discipline. The Dodgers seem ready to move him so he might not cost that much in players.

Jason Schmidt: This would be a great acquisition. I wonder how much the Giants would want. I'd assume definitely Milledge and possibly more.

Dontrelle Willis: The ideal. Right now the Mets are two years away from having no starting pitching. He would be an ace for the next 10 - 15 years. I'd trade Milledge and Pelfrey and maybe even more. Prospects are just prospects. Willis is still young and already a proven winner.

Roger Clemens: Might make the most sense but I hate him. I don't want to pay him $20 million and risk having him alienate his teammates with his schedule or another roid rage like when he threw the bat at Piazza.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Zito - I'm not giving up our top prospect for a free agent in his walk year who is jekyl and hyde.

Perez - not worth even "just money."

SChmidt - Had 2 borderline great years, but he's 33, and fat. Not giving up top prospect for that package.

D-Train - I would like to see him pitch like the 20 game winner he was last year before giving up our whole system. Obviously the best option of the group