Thursday, May 11, 2006

Idol Chatter

So long Chris. I’m glad to see him go. I got so sick of his act. The hard rock gimmick, the screaming, the carrying the mike stand around. It got too overdone. I know Pizza Parlor Derek says a lot of people like that genre, but they obviously weren’t voting this week.

Katharine McPhee survived a subpar week because she is so damn hot. Her “Hound Dog/All Shook Up” medley did not work at all. But she should get to the finals on looks alone.

Elliot was good, but I don’t think he will win because he’s just not likeable enough. Also you have Elvis, one of the most prolific singers of all time and he chose a song no one ever heard of.

Taylor showed his two sides, and maybe that’s why people like him. His first song “Jailhouse Rock” was the ridiculous epileptic/dancing like a fool Taylor that for some reason everybody seems to love. If he knew the words Jeff could have done the exact same performance on the cruise. But his second song, “In The Ghetto” was awesome. “As the snow flies
On a cold and gray chicago morn
A poor little baby child is born
In the ghetto
And his mama cries
’cause if there’s one thing that she don’t need
It’s another hungry mouth to feed
In the ghetto”

I wish someone had sung “The Wonder of You.” The lyrics remind me of Kate, “I’ll never know, the reason why, you love me as you do.”

Doubt anyone besides me realized this, but Robert F.X. Sillerman whose company recently bought the rights to Muhammad Ali’s image, owns similar marketing rights to American Idol and Graceland/Elvis.

Time for new Idol odds now that my old favorite has been knocked out:
Katharine 3 to 1
Taylor 5 to 1
Elliott 8 to 1


Put the mike stand down and go home

No comments: