Friday, June 23, 2006

Kat's Dark Side

American Idol hottie Katharine McPhee admitted that she'd been bullimic since she was 17. At her worst point, she was throwing up as many as seven times a day.
She didn't seek help until after her initial Idol audition.
"When I made it onto American Idol, I knew that food – my eating disorder – was the one thing really holding me back," she says. "I was bingeing my whole life away for days at a time … So when I got on the show, I said, 'You know what? I can do well in this competition. Let me give myself a chance and just get ahold of this thing.' "
"Growing up in Los Angeles and spending all those years in dance class, I'd been conscious of body image at a young age, and I went through phases of exercising compulsively and starving myself. … Food was my crutch; it was how I dealt with emotions and uncomfortable situations."

She'd spend 10 hours a day at the Eating Disorder Center where she learned "intuitive eating." "I learned that there's no such thing as a bad food," she says. "If you look at a doughnut, people think it's a fattening food – why? Because if you eat it you'll get fat? No, you'll get fat if you eat 10 doughnuts."

bazoombas
lucky bastard, her boyfriend is 41, 19 years older than her

1 comment:

Mike said...

A parent pushing their child to be perfect ends usually ends up like this. I think Paul should write her a letter about the beauty of the badunkdadunk