Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Not That There's Anything Wrong With That

Oprah Winfrey made the cover of O Magazine again this month. But that isn't the surprise. Inside she denies rumors that she and her friend Gayle King are lesbian lovers.
"I understand why people think we're gay," Oprah says. "There isn't a definition in our culture for this kind of bond between women. So I get why people have to label it - how can you be this close without it being sexual?"
"The truth is, if we were gay, we would tell you, because there's nothing wrong with being gay," says King.
Says Winfrey: "Something about this relationship feels otherworldly to me, like it was designed by a power and a hand greater than my own. Whatever this friendship is, it's been a very fun ride."


2 comments:

Mike said...

It is so ridiculosu that people have articles written, conduct press conferences etc. to say they aren't gay. I blame Piazza for this one.

Ton said...

Oprah might not be a lesbian, but she's still a whore. Fuck you oprah. I have supreme hatred for her after that whole Hermes thing.