Friday, December 08, 2006

Fighting the Russians

Diesel and I got into a brief tussle with two Russians in the park. We were headed home after our third loop (two of which we ran) around the park, so he was in no mood to bother anyone. Still this lady pressed herself up against the fence in terror. Diesel and I walked by casually. When he turned to look at her (didn't jump or even pull) she gave me a dirty look, wagged a finger at me and said "that's not fair." Then I stopped and her stupid husband made some remarks and I said "what do you want me to do?" He said "hold the dog." I said "I was holding him." And I did have a good grip on him. Then he said "But I don't know that." As we're having this conversation Diesel is sniffing and leaning and pulling at them. And I can tell they'd rather I just go. But I refused and stood there arguing with them. Once they gave up fighting back I just walked away.

Two more additions to this story:
1) Diesel didn't do anything wrong at all. These people were paranoid, and I refused to give in to them but hustling past them.
2) In dog years they were a combined age of at least 1000.

Wouldn't hurt a fly

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice! Way to intimidate the senior citizens. Tough guy

Anonymous said...

That dog steals food out of your hands!!!