Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Tonight's Prediction

I'm not going to make a habit of this but I am going to offer a prediction for tonight's Syracuse - Oklahoma State game. A lot of you say I just predict the Orange to lose every game, then brag when I'm right. Well, actually I predicted all 8 games so far this season correctly. I predicted SU to beat Holy Cross, Knishes and the rest of the patsies. But I expect them to win again tonight. But I fear that Oklahoma State will have a bad season finish 5-11 in the Big XII and not count as a valuable non-conference win for the Orange later in the season.
Is it just me or does it seem like this SU-OSU matchup happens quite often. I remember losing to them in an 8-9 game in the tournament in my junior year (1999), when they had Desmond Mason.
And of course in 2003 we beat them in the second round in the Jeremy McNeil game, when he had 4 blocks (seemingly in a row) to bring SU back from a 25-8 deficit.
The two teams met two years ago in the same Jimmy V Classic and OSU won.
Evidently the two teams played one other time, but I don't remember it.

1 comment:

Ton said...

Close but no cigar homes