Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Syracuse Proves Me Wrong

I really thought the Orange would bounce back from the Wichita State loss with a better performance against Oklahoma State.
SU played pretty well and kept it close for most of the game until a long scoring drought in the second half.
SU went 6:53 without scoring a point, over the course of that time, OSU was credited with 6 steals, most of them on horrible passes by Paul Harris or Josh Wright. And they only took 3 shots. Nearly 7 minutes, and only 3 shot attempts, because they couldn't hold on to the ball long enough to get a shot up.
That said, I was really impressed with the improvements made by Terrence Roberts and Darryl "Mookie" Watkins. Watkins still fouled everybody, and SU still got killed on the boards, but I blame the zone, more than I blame them.
As for Demetris Nichols, he played a great game, but I felt he forced a couple 3 point shots after he made one to cut the lead to 58-52.
Devendorf was sick, and Wright and Harris were terrible. Gorman and Rautins are useless and should never play. Who's Mike Jones?
Btw, Louie McCroskey transferred to Marist. I thought he would lose a year of eligibility and since he'd already played 3 years he'd have none left, but I guess I was wrong.

Anyway, I am disappointed the team lost but I don't think the season is lost. I think SU will be on the fringes of the Top 25 the whole season and depending on late season play could get a middle of the road seed for the tournament.

1 comment:

Derek said...

Back then they didn't want him, now he's hot they all on him!