Saturday, December 09, 2006

When It's Not OK to Use Initials

Calling people by their initials is a game as old as time (remember BC for Brian Cohen and BD for Brian Damiano?)
But this trend is going a bit overboard.
T.O. is good for Terrell Owens. LT is good for LaDanian Tomlinson and LJ is good for Larry Johnson (though a different LT and a different LJ came first).
And my favorite is AK, for Alex Kaplan and Andrei Kirilenko. That works on so many levels because he's number 47 and he's a Russian assault weapon, like the AK-47.
But VY for Vince Young? I don't like it.
Here are some others I don't like.
I really don't think San Francisco fans should call their rookie tight end VD (Vernon Davis).
And Bo Outlaw is goofy enough without being called BO.
I doubt Tony Parker likes to be called TP, especially when followed by "for my bunghole."
And I imgaine that Kevin Youkilis prefers "Greek God of Walks" (even though he's not Greek) to KY, but maybe "Jelly" would be allowed.

Yo jelly what's up?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome, I'm thrilled to be mentioned on the blog. Let's not forget a man who more or less only goes by his initials - AK.

-Damiano

Anonymous said...

See, my post is proof of how excited I was to see my name referenced in the poop. I entirely missed the fact that AK's name was mentioned right there.

-BD

Anonymous said...

Too bad Vernon Davis and Kevin Youkilis don't play on the same team