Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Those Were the Days

When I received this Sports Illustrated cover in the mail I decided I had to order the hat, ball and special book to go with it.

Melo is special

To do so, I extended my subscription by 3 years. On top of the time remaining, I remarked to Mrs. Poop that I "signed up for Sports Illustrated until I die."

I didn't mean that literally, God.

I was just joking.

My SI subscription is up.

Could it really be four years ago that I went to Madison Square Garden and cursed "this freshman" who couldn't hit free throws against Memphis?

Has it been four years since I taped (before DVRs) the game when SU beat Pitt and the fans charged the court four times?

Four years since I ran for two hours on the treadmill because Melo was leading a stirring comeback against Rutgers?

Four years since the first round game against Manhattan was interrupted by the shock and awe phase of the War in Iraq?

Four years since Jeremy McNeil swatted everything to lead a comeback against Oklahoma State?

Four years since that fateful trip to Albany (too bad I didn't have a blog back then) to see SU advance to the Final Four?

Has it really been four years since a snowstorm (in April? it doesn't even snow in January) canceled our conversion class so we could watch the game with Bill and Mike and throw pretzels in the air when Warrick blocked that shot.



Four years sure seems like a long time, but it sure goes pretty fast.

No comments: