Thursday, January 11, 2007

Welcome Posh

David Beckham is coming to America to play for a U.S. Major League Soccer team, the Los Angeles Galaxy.
"I've played now for two of the biggest clubs in the world. I've played at the highest level for 15 years, and now I think I need another challenge," Beckham said.
Outside the United States, Beckham is not only the world's biggest sports star, but also a certified sex symbol. His moves off the field are followed just as closely as his moves on the field.
He is married to former Spice Girl Victoria "Posh Spice" Beckham, and the couple is a favorite target of the British paparazzi.
And companies know that. He's received $20 million a year to push Pepsi and Adidas, and his Adidas cleats fetch $450 a pair.

Who knows if this will help save soccer in America, but Reissberg's dad and Michael's nephew sure hope it will.

Maybe with his demotion from the UK team he will apply for U.S. citizenship and play for the U.S. in the 2010 World Cup at age 35.

2 comments:

Mike said...

I sent my brother and sister in law the post. They will be happy that Joseph is finally getting press for his sports knowledge.

Anonymous said...

Paul, how come you didn't post that I negotiated a new 1-year contract for Chris Armas?

It'll be in the papers soon.

Asshole.