Saturday, November 03, 2007

Happy Poop Day

Two years ago I decided to start a blog. It started because I used to e-mail my wife (now known as Mrs. Poop) a bunch of news stories everyday. And whenever those stories might interest someone else I added them to the e-mail also. Eventually I figured it would just be easier if everyone could read them, and that's why I started the blog.
At first I called it News U Can't Use.
But then after too many people at my job found out about it I decided to change the name to the Poop you all know and love today.
It has been an interesting experiment trying to chronincle my life somewhat while also providing cool news, entertainment and sports stories.
The blog has been a great tool for me, I've had a ton of fun doing it, sharing my thoughts, information and life with all of you. At times it has been a lot of work but I feel the reward for that has been the strengthening of some friendships, the rekindling of old friendships (DT and Damino are Poopheads) and making new friends altogether (Razor).
This is the 3091st post in the history of the Poop (including some things I've been working on but have yet to publish), that's an average of 1545 per year (I'm not counting this post in the averages since it's the first day of the third year), 128.8 per month, 29.7 per week and 4.2 per day.
Quite obviously, this is my favorite post (it garnered a record 11 comments) and this one was also great.

But those are obvious choices, here are a few other posts I really liked:
Hematomas
Elephants eating Matzo
The Carolina Panthers cheerleaders who really launched this blog
The night poor Diesel got sick

There's a ton of other great ones that I could point out, but I won't.

Thanks for reading, thanks for commenting (even though most of you never do) and I hope you've had as much fun with The Poop as I have.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just read your Hematoma blog and threw up in my mouth a little bit. Love the irony of my comment on your "Kate's preggers" blog post.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on two years of great posts!

The I-Man is back!

D said...

Keep 'em coming.