Friday, November 30, 2007

Weekly Picks

The Patriots really let me down last week because I got all four other games right. I'm still holding my position but there are a lot of people now hot on my trail. I need a big week this week. With that said there are a lot of tough to call games this week and I meant to pick Dallas but forgot.

TENNESSEE -4 houston
The Titans have been horrible lately but for some reason I still like Vince Young and think he can make plays to win. The Titans have a strong running game and as long as they can contain Andre Johnson they should win this game at home.

CAROLINA -2.5 san francisco
Up until last week San Francisco was battling the Dolphins for the title of worst team in the league. I expect the 49ers to revert back to that form this week. Testaverde will probably start in this one and he can make enough plays to win.

cleveland pk ARIZONA
The Browns are a much better team.

PITTSBURGH -7.5 cincinnati
The Steelers are at home, coming off one of the worst games in league history. Hopefully the field will be in better shape and the Bengals will revert back to their early season form.

new england -20 BALTIMORE
The Ravens defense might give them trouble but their offense shouldn't be able to put up a single point on the Patriots. This spread is still very large but I expect an angry Patriots team to cover it...in the first quarter.

Last Week: 4-1 (3 points)
Season so far: 34-26 (36 points - 4th, 1 points out of 1st)
Best bet: 0-1 (7-5)
Home favorites: 2-1 (12-7)
Home underdogs: 0-0 (3-0)
Road favorites: 2-0 (16-11)
Road underdogs: 0-0 (3-8)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Giants/Bears?????

Paul said...

If I had to make a prediction on this one I would say the Giants will bounce back. Eli is not THAT bad, plus the Bears only have one offensive weapon. Expect the Giants to kick it away from Hester and pressure Grossman into his usual array of interceptions and fumbles.
But I'll be rooting for the Windy City Flyer.